Thank you to everyone who made our festival a success…we hope to see you in 2016.
We are very excited to be entering our 31st year, becoming one of the leading fair day festivals in the country and have always stood strong to our mission “To organise a festival for Sligo that provides fun and entertainment while showcasing our traditional heritage and crafts”.
The loyalty of the people of South Sligo and the great community spirit within the region The Tubbercurry Old Fair Festival has grown into a five day celebration with something for both young and old. The Tubbercurry Old Fair Day Festival’s highlight is the Old Fair Day, which is always held on the second Wednesday in August. This gives you the chance to relive yesteryear on the Fair Day in Our Heritage Village where you can experience the sights and sounds of Fair Days gone by with live animals, live demonstrations of thatching, weaving, Butter-making, trashing, pottery making, rush work and much, much more.
If you would like to get involved in sponsoring, advertising or supporting the fair, please get it touch. We also welcome new members to join our committee so please contact us if you would like to volunteer.
We hope to see you this August 6-10th.
2016 Tubbercurry Old Fair Day
Sean McDonagh, Chairperson
New for 2016!
- Glass Blowing Demonstrations on the Old Fair Day
- 1916 Commemoration on the Old Fair Day
- The army is returning for it’s 3rd year due to popular demand on the Old Fair Day
- Opening night dance by Lee Matthews
- Free CoderDojo Workshops on Family Fun Day
- Tractor Pull on Family Fun Day
- Circus Jukebox by Fanzini Brochures on Family Fun Day
- And much more….